Welcome friends, I will discuss about national symbols and national insignia on this post. These include National Song, National anthem, National bird, National calendar etc.
The information on these topics is necessary part of our basic GK and every student should learn these points. I will be describing this GK in my video tutorial on this topic and you must see this.
- Adopted on 22nd july,1947 by constituent assembly
- Ratio of width:length- 2:3
- Saffron-Top, Courage,sacrifice
Wheel- Navy blue colour,24 spokes,Sarnath Lion Capital of Ashoka
National Song :
- Vande Matram
- Bankim chander Chatterjee-Novel Anand Math
- First sung in 1896 session of INC at Calcutta
- Adopted on 24-Jan,1950
- Originally written in Sanskrit
- Equal status with National Anthem
National Anthem :
- Jana Gana Mana
- Written by Rabindranath Tagore in Bengali
- First sung in 1911 session of INC at Calcutta
- Adopted on 24th Jan,1950
- Full version-52 seconds, shorter version-20 seconds
I have discussed these national symbols and insignia in my video tutorial on this topic and you should listen to this lecture carefully to remember these points.