In the previous article I had talked about Famous ancient books of Indian writers which is a very commonly asked question in GK based exams. I am discussing today about Scientific instruments for GK Exams.
Sometimes we may get a question based on scientific instruments and their use.Here I will list some most important scientific instruments and their use.
- Anemometer: The velocity of winds is measured by this instrument.
- Ammeter:It is use to measure the strength of current in amperes.
- Barometer: This instrument is used to measure the atmospheric pressure.
- Calorimeter: the quantity of heat is measured by calorimeter.
- Dynamo: It is an instrument which is used to convert mechanical energy into electric energy.
- Altimeter: It is used to measure the altitude of a place.
- Galvanometer: This instrument is used to measure the strength of small electric currents.
- Hygrometer: It is used to measure the humidity in atmosphere.
- Hydrometer: It is used to measure the specific gravity of an liquid.
- Rain gauge: This is used to measure the amount of rainfall at a certain location.
- Seismograph: It is used to measure the intensity of earthquakes.
- Spectrometer: It is used to measure the refractive index of different objects and surfaces.
- Stethoscope: It is used by medical professionals to listen to voices from heart like heart beats, heart murmurs etc.
- Thermometer: It is used to measure the human body temperature.
- Voltmeter: It is used to measure the potential difference between two surfaces