I discussed about General Knowledge Questions on Indian Railways in my last discussion. Today I will discuss about some of the major Scientific inventions and discoveries for GK exams and many General Knowledge based exams in India ask this type of question.
Many GK based competition exams ask sometimes a question related to important Scientific inventions and discoveries for GK. Every student should remember these points for getting correct answer to these type of questions. I am listing here some of the famous scientific inventions and discoveries important from MCQ point of view.
1.Penicillin was discovered by
Ans : Alexender Flemming
2. Aeroplane was invented by Wright brothers in 1903 in US
3. The computer was invented by Charles Babbage.
4. Dynamo was invented by Michael Faraday
5. Dynamite was discovered by Alfred Nobel
6. Electric Lamp was discovered by Thomas Alva Edison.
7. Printing press was invented by J. Gutenberg
8. Fountain pen was invented by LE Waterman.
9. Jet Engine was invented by Sir Frank Whittle.
10. Steam engine was invented by James Watt.
11. Telephone was discovered by Alexander Graham Bell.
12. Thermometer was discovered by Galileo Galilei.
13. Typewriter was discovered by C. Sholes
14. X-ray was discovered by Wilhelm Roentgen
15. antiseptic was discovered by Joseph Lister.
16. Stethoscope was invented by Rene Laennec
17. Sphigmomanometer ( BP apparatus was discovered by Scipione Riva-Rocci
18. ECG was invented by William Einthoven.
19. Blood groups were discovered by K. Landsteiner.
20. Small ox vaccine was discovered by Edward Jenner.
21. Polio vaccine was discovered by Jonas E. Salk.
22. Rabies vaccine was developed by Louis Pasteur
These are some of the important Scientific inventions and discoveries which are important for GK based competition exams in India.